Welcome to the Raw Talent Guitar Support Wiki.
We've set this up so our customers have access to more information about the common problems that they share with other users.
Perhaps you can't hear your audio or you need help with the amplifier software. Or maybe you're not even a customer yet, but you want to find out some general information about the product.
Find the topic related to your issue using the table of contents to locate your issue or simply search for a common term like "installation" or "authorize" in the search bar.
Each Soon, each heading is will be a link, which will allow you to view that heading's content in a separate page.
For general product information questions, please visit the Raw Talent Guitar Web site to order, and for the most up-to-date information about product. The general information questions in this wiki are FAQs and contain the most common questions from users prior to their purchase, but the troubleshooting errors within are the most common among users with problems, and you should find your answers here.
Make sure you use the Table of Contents to help you find your issue in an outline format, or use the search bar at the top right of the screen.
We hope you enjoy this Wiki for all your information needs about Raw Talent Guitar support and general FAQs.
-The Raw Talent Team
Common Reported ProblemsEdit
Below is a list of the most common customer installation issues and general questions along with troubleshooting tips, suggestions, recommendations an answers common problems related to the install, or installing Raw Talent guitar.
Minimum System RequirementsEdit
If you are uncertain whether you meet our minimum system requirements, please check again, and make sure you update your Windows System Updates on a regular basis, including your Windows Media Player.
- Raw Talent Guitar Minimum System Requirements:
- Operating System: Windows 7 (32 or 64 bit), Vista (32 or 64 bit) or XP (32 bit)
- Processor: 2.0 Ghz Pentium Processor or equivalent
- Memory: 3 GB RAM for Windows 7, 2 GB RAM for Windows Vista and XP
- Hard Drive: 7 GB (minimum)
- Hardware: Dual Layer DVD drive, USB 2.0 or higher
- Software: Windows Media Player 10 or higher
Error Messages Edit
During the installation process, some users have experienced a number of "Error" messages followed by a number. These error messages are very important, especially the number, as they tell us your exact problem. If you receive any of the following error messages, but the Raw Talent Guitar icon appears on your Desktop, your Start Menu, your Program Files, or anywhere else on your computer, it's most likely that any attempts to launch Raw Talent Guitar will also result in any number of error messages from Windows that states, "Raw Talent Guitar has stopped working," or something similar.
Example of Error 1305
Error 1305. Source file not found. D:\Raw Talent Guitar\1\program files\Raw Talent Inc\Raw Talent Guitar\videos\Lessons\Lesson_09.mp4 Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.
- Symptom: Error 1305 is an installation error that usually stops the installation in its tracks. It usually deals with installling the lesson videos and follows with an error message that alerts the user that a particular file is not found, or that a file is missing. If the user attempts to uninstall and reinstall, or even simply reinstalling, they will receive the same error message in the same place; however, if the user searches for that same file on the disc in the DVD-ROM drive, they find that the file does indeed exist.
- Cause: Error 1305 is due to the Minimum System Requirements not being met. Usually, it is related to the DVD-ROM drive in some way or another. Particularly if the user is using an external DVD-ROM drive, but also if the user does not have a dual-layer drive or if the drivers for their disc drive are not up-to-date. There is a chance that this error is due to other issues such as less than required memory or disc space.
- Solution: Check our minimum system requirements with your system's specs. If they match, please make sure you are not using an external drive. If you are not using an external drive, make sure that your DVD-ROM drive is dual-layered. You can check this right now by placing the same disc in your drive when you receive error message 1305. Open whichever letter drive is your DVD drive to view the contents and open the folder "videos," then open the folder "lessons," then open the file indicated in the error message.
- Does the file exist?
- If so, your system is probably not up to our minimum requirements.You can check this by inserting a dual-layer DVD movie into your computer to determing if it can play a dual-layered DVD. Most DVD movie boxes will tell you if it is a dual-layered DVD, and most newer DVDs are in fact dual-layer DVDs. If your disc If these check points do not help, please make sure your DVD-ROM driver is up-to-date, followed by a WIndows Systems Update. If this does not help, and you are certain that your computer meets our minimum system requirements, please contact customer support using our Raw Talent Guitar Support Form.
- NOTE: The error message should tell you exactly where the file is found, and may even ask you to verify that you can access the file. For instance, if you are missing Lesson_09.mp4, the error message will tell you exactly where that file is located. In this example:
D:\Raw Talent Guitar\1\program files\Raw Talent Inc\Raw Talent Guitar\videos\Lessons\Lesson_09.mp4
Example of Error 1308
Error 1308. Source file not found. C:\Raw Talent Guitar\1\program files\Raw Talent Inc\Raw Talent Guitar\videos\Practice\Practice_15.mp4. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.
- Symptom: Error 1308 is nearly identical to Error 1305 (see above), but usually deals with an error installing the practice sessions. It is an installation error that usually stops the installation in its tracks. It generally follows with an error message that alerts the user that a particular file is not found, or that a file is missing, and asks you to verify that the file exists. If the user attempts to uninstall and reinstall, or even simply reinstalling, they will receive the same error message in the same place; however, if the user searches for that same file on the disc in the DVD-ROM drive, they find that the file does indeed exist.
- Cause: Error 1308 is due to the Minimum System Requirements not being met. Usually, it is related to the DVD-ROM drive in some way or another. Particularly if the user is using an external DVD-ROM drive, but also if the user does not have a dual-layer drive or if the drivers for their disc drive are not up-to-date. There is a chance that this error is due to other issues such as less than required memory or disc space.
- Solution: Check our minimum system requirements with your system's specs. If they match, please make sure you are not using an external drive. If you are not using an external drive, make sure that your DVD-ROM drive is dual-layered. You can check this right now by placing the same disc in your drive when you receive error message 1308. Open whichever letter drive is your DVD drive to view the contents and open the folder "videos," then open the folder "practice," then open the file indicated in the error message.
- Does the file exist?
- If so, your system is probably not up to our minimum requirements.You can check this by inserting a dual-layer DVD movie into your computer to determing if it can play a dual-layered DVD. Most DVD movie boxes will tell you if it is a dual-layered DVD, and most newer DVDs are in fact dual-layer DVDs.
- If these pointers do not help, please make sure your DVD-ROM driver is up-to-date, followed by a WIndows Systems Update. If this does not help, and you are certain that your computer meets our minimum system requirements, please contact customer support using our Raw Talent Guitar Support Form.
- NOTE: The error message should tell you exactly where the file is found, and may even ask you to verify that you can access the file. For instance, if you are missing Practice_15.mp4, the error message will tell you exactly where that file is located. In this example:
D:\Raw Talent Guitar\1\program files\Raw Talent Inc\Raw Talent Guitar\videos\Practice\Practice_15.mp4
Taking a screen shotEdit
If you read through this wiki but cannot find your answers, you may find it necessary to send us an image capture of your screen. This is called a "screen shot."
It's extremely helpful for our customers to take a screen shot and send it to us in rare cases when a problem with Raw Talent Guitar has not been previously documented.
Screen shots are expecially helpful in the case of an error message or a pop-up window that is detering the user from completing the installation process or a problem starting Raw Talent Guitar for the first time.
Please send screen shots to: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
"How To" Video
Please use this video to learn how to take screen shots of any error messages or problems you receive with Raw Talent Guitar. This helps us determine your exact issue because we can see your problem. You can send your screen shots to: email@example.com
AmpliTube Related Error Messages Edit
"Stealth Plug Not Recognized"
"Unable to verify that XGEAR was installed and registered on this machine"
"Unable to verify the serial key you entered with our records"
Raw Talent Guitar isn't recognizing the cable for some reason, so you may have plugged it in during the wrong point during the installation process or you did not completely register your version of AmpliTube, in which case you simply need to register to completion, so see the steps below.
Often times, many users believe they have completed the installation process but have not completed the registration process for AmpliTube and the Stealth Plug. This is IK Multimedia's registration process, and part of that process is registering on their Web site at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea.
In this very specific instance, registering your software is part of the installation process, but it is technically a separate process regulated by IK Multimedia; however, it is required to access Raw Talent Guitar. Plus, it is possible to skip over the finalization of the registration process, and some users believe they have registered but have not.
For the reasons listed above, we have included a Registering Your Software section, which breaks down the individual issues related to registering; however, this section, located within the Installation Problems section of this support wikia, focuses exclusively on the registration process as part of the installation process.
- Symptom: AmpliTube and the Stealth Plug are not registered, though some users believe they have registered and authorized properly during the installation processation. Now, trying to launch Raw Talent Guitar, the user receives an error message alerting them they have not installed AmpliTube or the Stealth Plug or that these items have not been registered.
- Cause: Step 9, Part G, in the installation guide was not properly conducted. Some users think they have completed this, but have not finished properly. Others have not even conducted this part, and accidentally skp over User did not properly register and/or authorize AmpliTube and the Stealth Plug during the installation of Raw Talent Guitar.
- Solution: Verify that you input your Serial Number during Step 9, Part G, of the installation process. This is IK Multimedia's registration process to authorize AmpliTube. If you have completed receive a Digital I.D. and Authorization Code. If is necessary that the Stealth Plug be plugged-in only when instructed to do so during the installation process. Verify that this was conducted properly during installing.
Problems Installing AmpliTube X-GearEdit
- If you are receiving some error message related to "AmpliTube X-Gear," upon attempting to install or start the software, please search for that error message in the search bar at the top of this page.
- If you do not receive an error message upon starting, but Raw Talent Guitar simply "stops working" or says "Raw Talent Guitar has stopped working," there is a good chance you have not fully completed the installation process, so please go back and watch the video or reread the instructions contained in this wiki.
- If you are absolutely sure that you are unable to start Raw Talent Guitar due to an AmpliTube X-Gear problem, please refer to this page on Registering Your Software or visit the section here on the main page. You are most likely installed, but not registered. No sweat. Some useres have had this issue and we promise you'll get through it.
- If you have tried everything in this wiki to no avail, send screen shot to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can learn "How to Capture a Screen Shot." with a blog post or watch the video above.
Sample Confirmation EmailEdit
If you have completed the registration properly, you should receive an email that looks similar to the SAMPLE Confirmation Email below.
(Please note, that receiving this email does not necessarily mean you have authorized your version of AmpliTube, it simply means you have completed registering the product. The final step, one that some customers miss, is to make sure they input their Authorization Code and Digital ID into the Registration Wizard for AmpliTube.)
SAMPLE CONFIRMATION EMAIL (from IK Multimedia)
SUCCESSFUL REGISTRATION For User: [first name, last name]
Serial Number: AXG10-XXXXXXXX-XXXXX
*** PLEASE SAVE/PRINT this Email (You may be asked for the Serial Number
in the future)
Digital ID: XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXX
The AUTHORIZATION CODE for Your copy is:
PLEASE *** SAVE/PRINT this Email (You may need the Authorization Code in the future)
*** You are now eligible to access our USER AREA at:
*** UserName: [set by IK Multimedia]
*** Password: [set by IK Multimedia]
*** PLEASE *** SAVE/PRINT this Email (You may need the Login Info in the
Explanations to Common Installation QuestionsEdit
|Questions to Ask Yourself to Solve Your Installation Issues On Your Own|
Clarify to give yourself a starting point:
What do you mean by "I cannot start the program?"
Search for the answers to these questions on this page:
Why can't you start it? What happens when you attempt to start it?
Do you receive some sort of pop-up window or error message?
Look for key words from the error message within this wiki to determine your issue. If you cannot find your issue please email customer support at http://www.rawtalentguitar.com/support
Cannot Change Install LocationEdit
If you attempt to install the program on any drive other than the operating system's drive, you will find this option disabled. Unfortunately the videos must run from either your main hard drive (C drive) or directly from the DVD's.
The reason for this is because we have to separate the audio from the video when playing back the lessons so that you can play your guitar and hear both the lesson and your guitar at the same time. If it ran off a drive other the C drive you would only have the video and none of the audio.
When installing the program, on step 3 of the installation process, you can choose to select "complete install" or "custom install" and follow the directions on screen and in the Installation Guide to install the videos with the software, or simply the software. This will allow you to run the videos off of the DVD's in order to save some hard drive space.
Reports of conflicting programs are limited to Pro Tools and Norton Anti-Virus; however, the reports of these probrams causing issues are very speculative at this point. That these programs causing conflict with Raw Talent Guitar has only been reported once in each instance. And while we cannot confirm that either of these programs actually cause an issue, we cannot deny it either. Again, each has only been reported once by one user each
Other Helpful Installation Tips Edit
Below are some questions you should ask yourself, and in doing so, you will begin to answer your own questions, simply by searching for your problems in the search bar on the top right of this Wiki, or by using the Table of Contents at the top of the main page of this Wiki
- To provide yourslf with more information than simply "I cannot start the program?", you must ask yourself, "Why can't I start Raw Talent Guitar?"
- What happens when you attempt to start the program? Tell yourself specificly why the program does not start, then look for the solution on this Wiki
- Do you receive some sort of pop-up window or error message? Please take a screen shot. (See image and video steps below.)
- Do you notice if your Raw Talent Guitar icon has a little blue and yellow "shield" icon next to it?
- This indicates that your computer should start Raw Talent Guitar in "administrator mode" each time by default; however, if it does not, you can start Raw Talent Guitar in administrator mode manually by right-clicking on the right-mouse button whileon the Raw Talent Guitar icon and selecting "Run as administrator" or "Run in administrator mode."
- Have you completely installed and registered the AmpliTube software according to the installation guide included in the Raw Talent Guitar box?
- :: This is Part G, number 9 in the installation guide, and also the final step in the Raw Talent Guitar installation process, but if you accidentally skip this step, it may appear that you have completed installation, even though you have not registered. If you have not completed Part G, number 9 in the installation guide, or if you are unsure, you can open AmpliTube as a stand-alone application to check if you have registered; please go to your Start Menu:
- Start Menu --> All Programs --> AmpliTube X-Gear
- This will open AmpliTube X-Gear as a stand alone applicaiton. Then, please click on the lock icon on the bottom left hand corner of your AmpliTube X-Gear screen. If you have not completely registered, this will bring up a pop-up registration wizard that resembles Part G, number 9, in the installation guide. If you have completely registered, your pop-up will present you with your Serial Number, Digital ID and Authorization code, and will resemble the image.
Installation Tutorial VideoEdit
Watch the video for a complete step-by-step video walk-through of the Raw Talent Guitar installation and registration process.
Registering Your SoftwareEdit
Authorization Code ProblemsEdit
Serial Number (X-Gear Serial I.D.)Edit
Stealth Plug (Guitar-to-USB Cable)Edit
AmpliTube Amp & FX SoftwareEdit
If you have not yet ordered Raw Talent Guitar, but you have questions about ordering, please see the following categories below.
General Info QuestionsEdit
Raw Talent Guitar is available for purchase online at RawTalentGuitar.com, Amazon.com, Buy.com and in local music store retailers across the country. Raw Talent Guitar is currently not available in any big box retailers such as Guitar Center, Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Target, etc.
We urge you to ask your local music retailer about Raw Talent Guitar. Or write your congressman.
What is an International Order?
Any order outside the 50 United States and its territories will be sent international post at the cost of the customer.
How long do International orders take to arrive?
International order shipping times are subject to standard international shipping post delivery times. Please check http://www.usps.com for standard shipping times from US to your shipping destination.
All orders outside the United States are considered International Orders.
Please allow enough time for standard international delivery post, which is roughly 4-6 weeks for most countries; however, some countries like Mexico and Canada will receive their orders in as little as two weeks.
Tracking on international orders is subject to the standards of international post.